Microsoft Office 365 Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) is a cloud-based email filtering service that helps protect your organization against unknown malware and viruses by providing robust zero-day protection and includes features to safeguard your organization from harmful links in real-time. ATP has rich reporting and URL trace capabilities that give administrators insight into the kind of attacks happening in your organization.
The following are the primary ways you can use ATP for message protection:
- In an Office 365 ATP filtering-only scenario, ATP provides cloud-based email protection for your on-premises Exchange Server environment or any other on-premises SMTP email solution.
- Office 365 ATP can be enabled to protect Exchange Online cloud-hosted mailboxes.
- In a hybrid deployment, ATP can be configured to protect your messaging environment and control mail routing when you have a mix of on-premises and cloud mailboxes with Exchange Online Protection for inbound email filtering.
Get Office 365 ATP
Office 365 ATP is included in certain subscriptions, such as Microsoft 365 E5, Office 365 E5, Office 365 A5, and Microsoft 365 Business.
If your subscription does not include Office 365 ATP, you can purchase ATP Plan 1 or ATP Plan 2 as an add-on to certain subscriptions.
Office 365 ATP Plan 1 and Plan 2
The following table summarizes what’s included in each plan.
|Office 365 ATP Plan 1||Office 365 ATP Plan 2|
|Configuration, protection, and detection capabilities: – Safe Attachments|
– Safe Links
– ATP for SharePoint, OneDrive, and Microsoft Teams
– Advanced anti-phishing protection
– Real-time detections
|Office 365 ATP Plan 1 capabilities — plus —|
Automation, investigation, remediation, and education capabilities:
– Threat Trackers
– Threat Explorer
– Automated investigation and response
– Attack Simulator
- Office 365 ATP Plan 2 is included in Office 365 E5, Office 365 A5, and Microsoft 365 E5.
- Office 365 ATP Plan 1 is included in Microsoft 365 Business.
- Office 365 ATP Plan 1 and Office 365 ATP Plan 2 are each available as an add-on for certain subscriptions.
You can add ATP to the following Exchange and Office 365 subscription plans:
- Exchange Online Plan 1
- Exchange Online Plan 2
- Exchange Online Kiosk
- Exchange Online Protection
- Office 365 Business Essentials
- Office 365 Business Premium
- Office 365 Enterprise E1
- Office 365 Enterprise E3
- Office 365 Enterprise F1
- Office 365 A1
- Office 365 A3
As threats rapidly evolve and become increasingly complex, Microsoft continuously invest in expanding capabilities in Office 365 Advanced Threat Protection to secure mailboxes from attacks. Using artificial intelligence and machine learning, Office 365 ATP can constantly scale coverage for unknown and emerging threats in-real time.
Office 365 ATP’s machine learning models leverage Microsoft’s wide network of threat intelligence, as well as seasoned threat experts who have deep understanding of malware, cyberattacks, and attacker motivation, to combat a wide range of attacks.